10 things I learned staying home sick from work for 2 days
- Waking up at 4pm on a Monday, just in time for Oprah, is a fun thing to do, even if you still feel tired while you're watching.
- Reading a book cover to cover in just two days is a good thing. I haven't done that since Eat, Pray, Love. I hope to do more of that soon.
- Daytime TV sucks,except for the Martha show. And Ellen. And Oprah.
- Soap operas used to be a lot cooler when I was in high school and college.
- Google reader is your best friend when you feel crappy and don't want to go outside.
- When you feel crappy and don't want to go outside, sometimes a shower can make you feel like a brand new person.
- A cup of coffee after sleeping for about 20 hours the day before can taste so good.
- Even though you're a grown-up, it still feels good when your mom calls to see if you're feeling better.
- Sometimes it's important to listen to your body when you're feeling down. Even if it makes you feel lame.
- The #1 thing that Americans couldn't live without in their homes: TV*
*from Family Fued