1. I lost 17 pounds in the months leading up to my wedding.
2. Losing the weight was not hard, it was not a challenge, it was not something I struggled with.* Much.
3. At the same time, it required dedication - a dedication that had to shift from something else in my life.
4. Planning my wedding was the perfect excuse for me to say no to things that didn't light me up.
5. Now I realize that I can say no without an excuse. Something not lighting me up is excuse enough.
6. I am now wearing some of my old, skinnier clothes again, and it feels really nice.
7. Upon looking through some photos, I realized that the last time I was able to wear these "skinny" clothes was early last year, right before we started Teahouse.
8. It's no coincidence that I stopped taking care of my own body right around the time that I took on this huge project.
9. It's also no coincidence that the weight came off easily when I started to let go of some of the burden that this accidental business has created in my life.
10. It feels good to think about what my life will look like one year from now - things might be very different.
11. It's no longer scary that Teahouse may not be in that future, September 2013 picture.
12. This doesn't mean that Teahouse is going away or that I'm walking away completely.
13. But it might.
14. Finally being able to go there, to the unknown place, feels really good.
15. That unknown place is never as scary as you think it will be.
16. I know I am still meant to live a life of helping and inspiring other people.
17. I know that my dreams for my life are possible and that I now have the most amazing partner-in-crime that anyone could ask for.
18. The bigness of the Future used to scare me, now it delights and intrigues me.
19. I find solace in the not knowing and take comfort in the fact that my life could go in a yet-unimaginable direction.
20. The wedding wasn't the end, it was just the beginning.
21. If I can do it, you can do it. There is no difference between the two of us. I promise.
*Because I know you're wondering: my weight loss plan mostly involved lots of vegetables, limited starchy carbs and booze, and as much Jillian Michaels as I could stand.