Ep. 196: The Art of the Follow Through
Full episode (Right-click to download)
Let's dive in: if you want to make those big ideas of yours happen, learning the art of following through on your big ideas is essential!
In this episode, I'm breaking things down into the basics that you need to get going and raise your hand and say yes to the big things keeping you up at night!
Want a cheat sheet? Here you go:
Your 5 Follow Through Guiding Principles:
1. Talk is cheap if it's not backed up by action.
2. Any action counts.
3. You're never going to have things completely figured out. Learn to embrace the "I don't know" and move forward anyway.
4. You know more than you realize. Go deeper.
5. It's up to you to find a force stronger than your fear.
And what to do about it:
1. Make a list of all those things you say you wanna do.
2. Star the 1-2 that feel like the most exciting.
3. Pause to consider the following: How would it feel to
a. never get around to making it happen?
b. see someone else doing it?
4. If you're still in, figure out the Start, commit to taking that step, and then DO IT.
5. Start taking really good care of yourself.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.