This photo was taken on Saturday, October 23, 2010.
Michelle, Jess, and I had all just met in person a few days ago in Atlanta. We had then all headed to Palm Beach, FL to beautiful Carolyn's wedding. The rehearsal dinner was the first time we met Carolyn. Her wedding was the next day.
This was my first foray into the wonder of the magic of internet friendships. The four of us worked together on the collaborative (and no longer running) website Spring. We spent a lot of time together. We talked about EVERYTHING. And yet, we'd never met in person.
It was a magical weekend, filled with all kinds of fun and shenanigans. It was the weekend that, for me, solidified the fact that internet friendships are the real deal.
Fast forward to now: As many of you know, Michelle was diagnosed with boob cancer back in 2011, and in 2012, after 3 months of chemo and a boobal removal, was declared cancer free!! (Check out her timeline here.) Later this month, she is walking in a 2-day fundraising walk for Avon and is so super close to her fundraising goal.
At first, I was planning to give away a one-on-one coaching session as a drawing in exchange for your donation to her walk, but then I decided (in the spirit of internet friendships!) to tap my peeps to sweeten the pot!
In exchange for your donation to Michelle's 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer campaign, you will be entered into a random drawing to win one of the following prizes:
Aaanddd...from some of my favorite peeps on the internet:
* an 8x10 print of your choice by Jessica Swift (US peeps only)
* a spot in Hannah Marcotti's upcoming Making Space for Surrender program
* a bundle of scripts (all her scripts in one place y'all!) from Alexandra Franzen
How it works:
1. You make a donation in any amount to Michelle's walk.
2. You leave a comment on this post by Friday, October 11 at 5pm PST letting us know you've donated along with the following: a shout out to Michelle and your email address. *It's the honor system here, folks, so...you know...do the right thing.
3. I draw the winners and notify them by email on Monday, October 14.
4. We totally make Michelle's week.
Let's show Michelle know how crazy loved she is and give her a very happy week. Yes? Yes.
Update: Congratulations to our winners as chosen by random.org! I'll be in touch via email with details!
* an hour-long one-on-one coaching session with me - Hannah O.
* a copy of my 30-day Social Media Rehab workbook Jennifer V.
* a spot in my upcoming (and not yet announced!) How to Say No webinar - Jeanet
* an 8x10 print of your choice by Jessica Swift (US peeps only) - Nora H.
**photo by Stuart; graphic by Erin Cassidy for Tiffany Han Coaching