Well, friends, here we are in August. This seems like a good time to take stock of things, see how much, if any, progress has been made on those brand-new-year-things-are-gonna-change-goals I made back in January, which, right now, seems so far away.
I've been feeling a little disconnected from my dreams lately. I've had so many changes, so many possibilities, so many options that sometimes it's easy to be overwhelmed and take on too much and lose focus on what I really want. Which is why this reunion with my dreams is so crucial right now.
Here's where I stand with the dreams of Dream Big in 2009 fame:
- Train for and complete a 150 mile/2-day bike ride -- in progress!
- Compete in and win the Amazing Race (with Tim, the best teammate ever, of course!) -- I need to check on this one. I know we missed the spring application deadline, but I'm on it for the next round.
- Travel to Paris in the spring -- done! woot!
- Begin training to become a Life Coach -- on hold.
- Begin training to become a Pilates instructor -- on hold.
- Earn income by creating and selling my own paper crafts on Etsy -- in progress! My plan is to have the etsy shop open in a couple of months. There will be much celebration on the blog when it's up!
- Begin the process of writing a children's book with my BFF, Laura -- in progress, although Laura may not realize it :)
- Have an article published -- I'm amending this one slightly. I think it should read, Submit an article to be published. This one hasn't happened yet, but I still have a few more months.
As I was thinking about this post, this poem flashed into my head. It seems fitting.
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?
-- Langston Hughes
Do you have any goals for 2009 that need revisiting? I think we could all use a gentle nudge (or swift kick) in the right direction every now and then.