something to think about this weekend
What are you grateful for?
Right now. What are you grateful for? What are the good things in your life that you can celebrate?
Try this exercise. List five things for which you feel gratitude. If you can't find a piece of paper, go ahead and write them in the comments. It's an amazing experience to be able to share your gratitudes with the world!
Here are mine:
- I am grateful to live in a beautiful apartment.
- I am grateful to have been able to take a pilates class this morning and devote some time to my body.
- I am grateful for the many amazing friends in my life.
- I am grateful for being able to clean out my closet to make room for my boyfriend who's going to be staying with me for a few weeks.
- hold on, take note readers -- I just said I was grateful to be cleaning! This is HUGE!!
- I am grateful for the sun and the beautiful weather and the fact that I get to spend my evening sailing on the bay.
So often, we focus on what's lacking, what we need to be happy, what other pieces are missing. I'm trying to change that for myself, focusing on all the amazing things I have, the gifts I've been given in order to thrive.
The shift can be hard at first, but it slowly becomes a habit. A wonderful, amazing, freeing habit.
So, tell me, what are your gratitudes for today?