thoughts from quarantine
Well, the "fanny is sick" theme is going to continue for at least a couple more days, I fear. I found out Saturday that I have the flu, so in addition to just not feeling great, I am now trying to stay in the house for fear of spreading my virus to others. Luckily, my flu symptoms are on the mild side, but it still seems like it's taking me FOREVER to get to the good side of feeling better.
However, today is the first day that I've really felt any spark of creative energy, so I thought it was high time to write a blog! Woot!
BUT, since today's just the FIRST day that I've had any energy, I thought it would be best to start out with an easy-to-read list rather than worry about flow or paragraphs or other boring stuff.
So, without further ado, here's what's been on my sick-with-the-ick mind for the past few days:
- The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity: My bff, Laura, and I started this on Saturday. It's a 12-week program designed to help artists tap back into their creative sides. It's fun to be doing this with a friend, especially someone who is as talented as Laura. She's like my creative guru. Oh, except -- confession -- Laura, I haven't actually started yet. Oops! But I'm starting tonight, I promise. And I'm going to do two extra sets of morning pages this week so I'm caught up :)
- And on the subject of painting, I've decided that I'd like to start painting too. Laura's going to be my painting coach and send me weekly lessons that I will complete and email back to her. Would any of you like to play along? I'm sure Laura won't mind -- she's quite nice. I mean, she is my bff (since the third grade)!
- During all of my couch time, I've been spending quite a bit of time on both facebook and twitter (I just joined -- follow me @craftyfanny -- but beware, it's RANDOM!). When you're bored, it's interesting to follow the lives of other people you hardly know, but what I can't get over are the people who are constantly SO very negative on their posts. I understand that we all have problems in our lives, but sheesh, really? These folks just bring me down. To the point that they're now being unfollowed. I can't hang with the debbie-downers.
- Sex and the City, Season 3: I've been rewatching this one. I just love it when Carrie and Aidan get together. And then hate it when she crushes him by cheating on Big.
- Homemade Chicken Soup: Today is my first try at making homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm quite excited to try it and will let you all know how it goes. I modified the recipe from Martha Stewart's Cooking School, an awesome Christmas present from my mom.
That's all I've got for now. I hope you're all having good, hopefully short weeks! I'm hoping that I'll be well enough to raise a glass to the good old US of A this weekend!!